LOST CHILD/VULNERABLE PERSON TRAINING
|“Research has shown that children are more likely than adults to go missing, placing them in risky situations and increasing their vulnerability”|
The Lost Child/Vulnerable Person training course we provide at Aps Training is aimed at informing and preparing staff in all situations where applicable that a lost child or person of vulnerability should wonder off or become lost. The course will provide information and skills on how to approach and deal with difficult situations in a professional and legally compliant manner.
- Prevention – reducing the number of people who go missing – through prevention strategies, education work and early intervention in cases where children, young people and adults repeatedly go missing.
- Protection – reducing the risk of harm to those who go missing – by ensuring local agencies provide a tailored, risk based response to cases of missing children, young people and adults and that they work together to find the person and to close cases as quickly as possible at a local and national level.
- Provision – providing missing people and their families with support and guidance – by referring promptly and ensuring that missing people and their families understand how and where to access help and support.
What does the course include?
· · ·
- Step by step protocol on how to approach and reassure parents/guardians
- Lost children and the vulnerable person.
- Lost person policies and procedures
- Lost child policies
- Rules, legislation and regulation
- Legal documentation required
- Practical demonstration
- When to inform higher authorities
- when the person is reunited with parent or guardian.